Legends of Orulae Signups

Which of Hero's games would you be interested in playing?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:43 am

1. Legends of Orulae
33%
2. Nalthis Campaign
22%
3. Justice, Like Ash Re-Redux
No votes
4. MotP Sensational Yarn
11%
5. Something else (make suggestions below)
11%
*. Hidden Info Game
No votes
I don't care I'm just happy to play one of Hero's games :D
22%

Total votes: 9
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Legends of Orulae Signups

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:40 am

Alright everyone, we have a shiny new site and its about time we have a shiny new game to go along with it. 8-) A few weeks ago I finally wrapped up The Dying Light game by having everybody reveal all their characters' secrets, and part of the reason I did that was to help motivate me to get a new game started, but now that I'm at that point I'm not sure exactly which type of game I want to run. So I'm open to suggestions. Right now I'm running towards one of the following, roughly in order of how inclined I am to run them:

1). Legends of Orulae - One of the very first campaigns I came up with for the MAG. I played all the way through it once in Real LifeTM and it was a blast. Set during the Final Empire era, it involves an Indiana Jones type quest for an ancient forgotten city containing a long lost treasure, and has plenty of fun twists and encounters.

2). Nalthis Campaign (Name TBD) - As most of you know, I came up with rules for Awakening a while back and have slowly been adding to them. Lately I have been considering running a campaign set on Nalthis that relies heavily upon these rules. I have a campaign in mind already, and the hook for it is basically this: One of the Hallandren gods dies under mysterious circumstances, and its up to the crew to investigate. If we decide to do this campaign, I would need to do a bit of work to polish and flesh out the rule set. Also, if people wanted, I would be open to allowing 1 or 2 Scadrian Worldhopper characters into the campaign, using these house rules or a variation thereof.

3). Justice, Like Ash Re-Redux - JLA is still my favorite of the pre-made campaigns. I would love to get my former JLA game up and running again, and in fact I have tried a couple times but most of the players are either gone or too busy with other things (not making accusations or anything, it's just how life goes sometimes. I know that better than anyone). :| So if there was an interest I wouldn't mind taking another stab at JLA. (EDIT: It looks like I may have made false assumptions. two of the action threads ended waiting on me, not on the players. I suppose I should see if the players involved want to pick up where we left off. Regardless of whether it picks up again, I won't let that get in the way of this poll/campaign).

4). MotP Sensational Yarn - Speaking of how life gets in the way of the MAG sometimes, I never did run one of the Sensational Yarns from the Masks of the Past supplement like I meant to, so if there was a lot of interest I might be persuaded to finally get around to doing that, whether via Skype or PBP. It would have to be a lot of interest though- as try as I might I've just never been able to get that into Era 2 as a MAG setting. The Final Empire is just so much more interesting to me.

5). Something Else - As I said, I'm open to suggestions. If someone really wanted something other than what is listed here, go ahead and suggest it. I may consider it, especially if there is a lot of support for it.

*). Another hidden info game - I might regret this, but rereading parts of Dying Light and the big reveals at the end has reminded me how much fun that campaign was, and so I've been toying with the idea of running another Hidden Info game. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, a hidden info game means that each player only has access to their character sheet and info that their character knows. Things like other players' character sheets and events that happen to other characters are kept hidden on the forums. It's a lot of work for me as the Narrator, but really is a lot of fun.

The Hidden Info game could apply to any of the above options, so I'm including it in the poll, but I'm going to go ahead and put a big disclaimer on this and let everyone know that if we do another Hidden Info game I'm going to cap the game at 4 players (+ me as the narrator), and it won't be as intricate and involved as Dying Light was. I can only handle so much. :roll:

If you're interested in playing then please vote for whichever of the options you are interested in (you may vote for more than one), and comment below. Once we reach some sort of consensus I'll close the poll and we'll get the chosen campaign rolling! :)
Bill Whitmore

Re: New Game: TBD

Post by Bill Whitmore » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 am

If someone was to run a house game like I failed to get off the ground, I'd be happy to play! :D
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:52 am

@Kadrok

It's time.

#BringBackSpeedConnection
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 am

Bill Whitmore wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 am
If someone was to run a house game like I failed to get off the ground, I'd be happy to play! :D
While that would be fun to play, I don't think I have the time/energy/mental capacity to run a game like that right now. :roll:
Zath

Post by Zath » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:14 pm

All of these sound fun to me! :D
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Legends of Orulae Signups

Post by Herowannabe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:17 pm

I just edited the first post to put a time restriction on the poll. I'll let it run for another week, just in case we have any late comers, but in the meantime I'm going to go ahead and assume that Legends of Orulae (and/or the "I don't care" option) stays in the lead, so consider signups officially open for the Legends of Orulae game. :D Who wants in? :D
Conquestor

Post by Conquestor » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 am

I would definitely love to join another one of your games, whether it be Legends of Orulae or the Nalthis one, if it ever gets ahead. I will sit on the sidelines if you don’t want me in another one of your games! :lol:
(I have long since found out where you live though and will have my coinshot cousin come after you if I don’t end up in this campaign. :push: )
Looks in through window and smiles evilly. 3:D
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:16 am

Conquestor wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 am
I would definitely love to join another one of your games, whether it be Legends of Orulae or the Nalthis one, if it ever gets ahead. I will sit on the sidelines if you don’t want me in another one of your games! :lol:
(I have long since found out where you live though and will have my coinshot cousin come after you if I don’t end up in this campaign. :push: )
Looks in through window and smiles evilly. 3:D
You’re definitely welcome to sign up!

But please, send your cousin my way. I have a steel spike with his name on it. 3:D
Bill Whitmore

Post by Bill Whitmore » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:57 pm

I am interested but I do feel I should qualify that with a question.

What level of Cosmere Crossovers can we expect to be present in the game?
Zath

Post by Zath » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:41 pm

If you'll have me, I'd love to sign up for Legends of Orulae! :)

Return to “The Safehouse”